Friday, September 24, 2010

The Retreat!

This week we did not have class on Thursday because we were at Camp Kuriakos out by Sylvan Lake for the retreat.  We learned a lot at the retreat, and did tons of team work to bring us closer together as a cohort.  I found that everyone was very involved in all of the activites, and it seemed like all were having fun and working together very well.  My first team involved myself, Amanda, Ashten, Sarah L, Elizabeth, Darcy, T.J., Tatianna, Kalee, and Selene.  I found that we all worked well together and included everyone in all of the decision making.  We did many activities together and grew to know each other quite well throughout the day.  Our team name was "bunja-ninjas", and we had a wonderful time doing  the cheer for the rest of the cohort after supper.  My second team involved myself, Asten, Elizabeth, Mike, Tammy, Brittney, and Kyla.  We worked very well together and did some activities before sharing our "stories" with each other.  I learned a lot about each of them and feel like I know them all much more now that I did previously. 

Aside from actual group activities we all spent lots of time together getting to know one another.  I learned that many people in our cohort are quite musically talented, and enjoy entertaining other people.  I've learned about many people's personal lives, where they grew up, and what they do outside of school now.  It was a wonderful experience getting to know everyone so well, and I'm glad we were able to do so because I now feel much more connected to my cohort than I did previous to the retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment